- This event has passed.
50+ Job Seekers Networking Group – Evening Meetings
January 11 at 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
|Recurring Event (See all)
One event on January 25, 2023 at 6:00 pm
One event on February 8, 2023 at 6:00 pm
One event on March 8, 2023 at 6:00 pm
One event on April 12, 2023 at 6:00 pm
One event on May 10, 2023 at 6:00 pm
One event on June 14, 2023 at 6:00 pm
The Massachusetts Library Collaborative’s 50+ Job Seekers Group meets on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month, from 6:00pm to 8:00pm, via Zoom. If you are unemployed and actively looking, underemployed, seeking a new career direction, re-entering the job market after a long employment gap, or recently retired and looking for your “Encore Career”, this networking group program is perfect for you! Remember, 85% of jobs are found through networking!
Join us in a professional forum for networking with peers in a safe and comfortable environment conducive to developing new relationships and developing skills and strategies to help in your career transition. Each meeting features a new topic. Meetings include a presentation and hands-on workshop on topics relevant to career transition, guest speakers, access to hiring managers, small group breakout rooms to network, and 1-on-1 coaching guidance. Participating on a regular basis will give job seekers the many tools and strategies needed for a successful job search.
Below is a list of meetings and the topic that will be discussed at each one. Click on a topic below to register for one or more session.
Note: If you are unable to attend evening meetings, there will also be meetings in the morning from 9:30am-11:30am.
- Wednesday, January 11, 6pm-8pm — Self-Assessment & Transferrable Skills
- Wednesday, January 25, 6pm-8pm — Create Your “Career Story” Pitch
- Wednesday, February 8, 6pm-8pm — Create A Marketing Plan & Marketing Brief
- Wednesday, February 22, 6pm-8pm — Applications, Cover Letters & Negotiation
- Wednesday, March 8, 6pm-8pm — Develop Your Resume (Pt. 1)
- Wednesday, March 22, 6pm-8pm — Develop Your Resume (Pt. 2)
- Wednesday, April 12, 6pm-8pm — Create A LinkedIn Profile
- Wednesday, April 26, 6pm-8pm — LinkedIn and Personal Branding
- Wednesday, May 10, 6pm-8pm — Interview Preparation & Strategy
- Wednesday, May 24, 6pm-8pm — Interview Practice
- Wednesday, June 14, 6pm-8pm — Meet Hiring Employers
- Wednesday, June 28, 6pm-8pm — Networking 2.0